Wednesday, October 22, 2008

PLN#4

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_10411702 The article that I chose for my PLN is Panama's ruling party picks woman for president. This matters to me because I have family who lives there and I thought it would be cool to know what it is like over there like politics. Also I might be going to Panamá during the summer and would be good to know what is going on and have a little knowelge before entering a differnt country. This article is interesting because it shows how different politics are from the U.S. I learned that in Panamá there has been a woman president and could be a second. This refelcts to me becuase I think its good to learn about other cultures and haveing to realize the differences between other countries.This should matter to the world because it shows how women can actually be president in a different country. People in America should give women a chance to be president because I haven’t seen any women be so close in becoming president. I think it’s great to see women in Panama taking charge and trying to run for president. This article shows how much women can be more independent and show men that they can do jobs that men succeed in. Women today can be independent and do whatever men can do even if they want to run for president.

No comments: