Thursday, December 11, 2008

PLN#17

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_11131545

An Ohio man named Frederick D. Purvis, who repeatedly said he was going to blow up Denver International Airport was indicted today by a federal grand jury in Cincinnati for making the threats. According to the records shown by cops he sent a message quoting, "I am going to place a bomb in the Denver International Airport on Friday, Oct. 17, 2008, at 3 p.m. I will shoot myself in the ladies room at 3:30 p.m. because I do not want to live any longer. If I live, I will kill President Bush. That is not the only threat he made. He threatened to kill an individual at an Ohio radio station and blowup various landmarks in Ohio, including the Cincinnati airport. This man has made bomb threats over the internet. He made the threats between Oct. 16 and Nov. 13, sending messages over the Internet to the media. Obviously there is something wrong with this man because he is making all these threats for no reason. This matters to me because he can hurt people. Even though he hasn’t achieved his goals in bombing the air port he can still be great danger to communities and people. His punishments for all these threats lead him punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000. This should matter to the world because people need to realize that they can’t always be safe. They need to know that this can happen anywhere. I think police need to keep an eye on people who look suspicious because you never know what they can do.

No comments: